Last updated: 03/01/2023
Your privacy is important to us.
1. Information We Collect
A. Information You Provide to WildAid
Contact information. When you order products, subscribe to any of our Services, or register to receive materials, we will ask you for your contact information, such as your name, postal address, email address and phone number.
Payment information. When you make a purchase or donation, we will ask for your payment information, such as your bank account details. This information is collected by our third-party payment processor on our behalf.
Communications. When you communicate with us, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you communicate with our Customer Support Team, we will receive your name, email address, the contents of the message that you may send to us, and any other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletters, then we will collect certain information from you, such as your name and email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
Survey results. If you choose to participate in a survey we organize, we will collect the information you provide in the context of the survey, including your contact information, the date and time of the survey and your survey responses, including your opinion on certain topics.
Event information. When you participate in events we organize, including by videoconference or telephone, we collect information about your participation in our events, including your name, postal address, email address, information about the events you participated in, and any other information you choose to provide.
Job applications. If you decide to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience. You may also apply through LinkedIn. If you do so, we will collect the information you make available to us on LinkedIn.
This Policy also applies to all information collected or submitted offline, including at events, by mail and over the phone. The types of information collected in these ways include your name, address, email address, phone number, payment information, and any other information you choose to provide to us.
B. Information WildAid Automatically Collects When You Use Our Services
General Location Information. When you use our Services we will infer your general geographic region.
Device Information. When you use our Services, we receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including internet protocol (IP) address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
Usage Information. When you use our Services, we collect information about your interactions with our Services, such as the time and length of your visit, which of our web pages you visited, and the site you visited just before and just after coming to ours.
C. Information We Collect from Third Parties
Information from other sources. If you choose to donate to WildAid through one of our charity partners or other business partners, we may obtain information about you from them, such as your contact details and payment information.
Suggested text: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect:
- To provide, operate, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To facilitate and process transactions and payments such as the donations you make to us, including sending you tax receipts and thank you notes;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. Where required under applicable law, we will only send you marketing communications with your consent;
- To personalize your experience on our Services such as presenting tailored content;
- To generate anonymized, aggregate data that we may use for any lawful purpose;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
- Functional Cookies. Some Cookies are strictly necessary to make our Services available to you. For example, to provide login functionality or to allow you to fill out forms. We cannot provide you with the Services without this type of Cookie.
- Advertising Cookies. We work with third party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own Cookies on our Services and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
How We Use European Personal Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland or the United Kingdom (“Europe”), we only process your personal information when we have a valid legal basis, including when:
- You have consented to the use of your personal information, for example to send you marketing communications.
- We need your personal information to provide you with our Services, for example to respond to your inquiries.
- We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations, or with a court order.
- We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information for internal analytics purposes, and to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your personal information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
3. How We Share the Information We Collect
We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services, to provide services on our behalf such as customer support.
Charity Partners. If you have chosen to donate to one of WildAid’s partner organizations, WildAid may share information such as your name, address, email, and/or phone number with the partner organization.
Analytics Partners and Advertising Partners. We may share your information with third party analytics or advertising partners whose Cookies are used on our Services.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services. If your information is subject to European data protection laws, the above paragraph applies to the extent permitted under those laws.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer your information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.Consent. We may also disclose information from or about you or your devices with your permission.
4. Your Rights and Choices
Access and Correct your Information. You can request access to or modification of your information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.WildAid will review your request in light of WildAid’s legal and regulatory obligations and determine whether modification is appropriate in light of those obligations. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Marketing Communications. You may opt-out of WildAid direct mail or email communications at any time. Furthermore, opt-out information is located at the bottom of any promotional WildAid email sent. If you have any questions about opt-outs, please email us at email@example.com.If you choose not to provide us with information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with them or if we are legally required to collect it.
Your European Privacy Rights.
If you are located in Europe, you may have the rights described below:
- You may request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your personal information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your personal information, at any time, and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
- You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights.
5. Third Parties
Our Services may contain links to other websites, products, or services that we do not own or operate. These third parties may collect information about you if you visit a website that contains features or content provided by them. Please be aware that this Policy does not apply to your activities on these third-party services or any information you disclose to these third parties. We encourage you to read their privacy policies before providing any information to them.
6. Our Commitment To Data Security
WildAid uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology on our website. SSL technology encrypts sensitive information, including login credentials, passwords, and credit card numbers, during all of your online transactions. All of the forms on our site are secured with SSL technology.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and offline.
7. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under 16[DB1] years of age, and no part of our Services are directed to children. If you learn that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of this Policy, then you may alert us at
8. International Visitors
Our Services are hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the Services from other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services.
10. Contact Information
WildAid, Inc. is the entity responsible for the processing of your information. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 220 Montgomery Street, Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94104, United States.